Thursday, January 22, 2009

making preparations

Tonight you will find me baking cakes for Seth’s fourth birthday party bash. This is ironic since I resigned from birthday party planning altogether after last year’s party. Alas, a year has gone by and I have once again taken over the invitation mailing, the food purchasing, the activity planning and the cake making. A wise and altogether realistic person would go easy on herself and buy the sheet cake from Publix but I find that completely uninspiring (and expensive) so now I will spend the better part of my Friday creating a largish cake with a tall skyscraper upon which the Spiderman candle I spent three days searching for will perch. I think Seth will need a ladder to blow out his candle. And that is OK. You only turn four once, why not celebrate with a very tall cake.

No comments: