Sunday, May 31, 2009

something I found along the way

Today my mind was in a million places all at once. I found it slightly maddening. I tried searching for some calm, a bit of simplicity in an overcomplicated world but peace was hiding, apparently, because I certainly couldn't find it. I tried the usual fixes - chocolate first, mindless internet surfing second. Although I did manage to escape reality for a bit as I watched the finale of Britan's Got Talent, alas, it was short lived (I am glad to see that Diversity won, Yay! They deserved it). At the peak of my desperation I decided to go for a run. Somewhere along the road the thought occurred to me that I was really being overwhelmed by non-essentials. A year from now I won't even remember being concerned about the things bombarding me today. In that way, I suppose, forgetfulness is a great blessing. So now I return with a beautiful sense of calm and the understanding that peace can be found - if you know where to look for it.

No comments: